Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Light in the Darkness


-Light in the Darkness-

" Instead, this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days" 
               _____________________
 "I will put my teaching within them and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people." - Jeremiah 31:33

     God had never been unclear about the kind of relationship he wanted with his people. 
They were to be holy and set apart, devoted to Him alone. If they remained faithful, they would remain in the land He had promised them. But if they chose to turn away from Him and worship other gods the consequences would be devastating. God would remove them from the land of the promised and scatter them among the nations.
     Even though glimmers of light shown brightly amid the spiritual darkness of Judah, the people had made their choice. They turned away from God and chased after pagan gods and their own desires. Even so, God never stopped pursuing them-through His prophets, His promised judgment, and eventually exile. Even in the darkness, God continued to call his people back to Himself, ever faithful to His character and His plan to bring eternal salvation to the world. 

I want to share a video on youtube that I saw the other day. It doesn't have much to do with what I said, but its a good reminder. God Bless. 

--


Merry Christmas!!



No comments:

Post a Comment